Monday, October 1, 2007

All Hail Betty Crandra!

As you can see this is a tribute to CRANDRA! Last night I made Candra's Betty Crocker Cookie Recipe (just click go to the index on the left of this blog and click on "cookie") for the second or third time now....and I've got to say DEEEEEEEEEE-LICIOUS! They always turn out just right and OH-SO-GOOD!
Here's a cookie tip that my friend told me that she learned from her Grandpa. I was telling her that I felt like my cookies were either too cakey, or flat. I've always wanted to be able to make the perfectly soft cookie...not hard, not gooey. So she told me that her Grandpa told her that you use HALF butter & HALF Shortening.
So for instance, on Candra's Betty Crocker recipe it calls for 1 cup of butter. And I found that it makes the perfect cookie when I do 3/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup shortening instead.
So three cheers for Candrac! Hip Hip HOORAY! Hip Hip HOORAY! Hip Hip HORAH! Way to go Crandolf!
Yours very truly,
Chenae