Monday, February 25, 2008

Yum Yum for Your Tum Tum

Chenae asked me to put a recipe for my favorite food, chicken enciladas, on here. They are so scrumptious and I grew up eating these. My mom made them for me all the time. They are great, and relatively easy to make. Plus as long as you use all of the suggested ingredients, they turn out good no matter how you put it together. Enjoy!! I tried to decide how much would be necessary for a 9x13 pan but I had no idea. I don't use a recipe ever I just make it and then add more if I need more so I tried to just guess what would be necessary. I usually make a 9x9 so if you don't like the flavor, or there isn't enough of any of the ingredients, try to tweek it a bit to make it work for the size you are making.

SOUR CREAM CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
15 corn tortillas
1.5 C sour cream
2 small cans Cream of Chix soup
3 boneless, skinless chix breasts
lots of cheese
small can diced chiles if desired
salt and pepper to taste
Begin by mixing the sour cream and the soup. Spoon some of the mixture into the bottom of the pan so that it is just a thin layer. Cut the tortillas into fourths. (I just do a cut down the middle and then the other way. Or you can just tear the tortillas into pieces.) Then lay down a layer of tortilla pieces, covering the entire pan. Then dice or shred the chicken into pieces. Place a layer of chicken over the tortillas. The chicken doesn't need to be covering the entire pan, just use about 1.5 chicken breasts. Then spoon more of the soup mixture, covering the whole pan. Use more than you did on the bottom of the pan to be sure that it gets between all of the chicken pieces and then to the tortilla layer. Then cover generously with cheese. Then cover that with another layer of tortillas, chicken, soup mixture and cheese. For the final layer, just spread the remaining soup mixture and lots of cheese. Bake @ 350 for 40-60 minutes until liquids are bubbling.
*Just use your judgement to decide how much of the ingredients you will need to use. Its a super easy recipe and sooo yummy.*

2 comments:

The Probert Family said...

YUM! I'll have to try these some day when my tummy isn't nauseated.

Seriously, they look very yummy!

Chalonn said...

We made these enchiladas for dinner tonight..they were so good! Thanks for the yummy recipe!