Saturday, November 22, 2008

BLT's reloaded

Ok. So maybe I shouldn't call these BLT's. Maybe their more like a glorified veggie sandwich with turkey bacon. Honestly, when Mat and I eat these, we kind of sink in our chairs and talk about how much we love good food. Good food is so good isn't it?!

-Bread, toasted (get exciting and try some cook bakery bread)
-bacon slices cooked (i cook them on the George Foreman)
-avocado (in this particular picture my avocado was mushy and needed to be spread, usually i like thin slices)
-cheese of your choice
-lettuce/spinach
-tomatoes
-cucumbers
-sliced pepper of your choice
-condiments

Random Corn on the cob tangent that I was reminded of when I saw the picture: Have I shared our new way of baking corn? Just throw it in the oven and bake for 30 minutes at 375. It's perfect, and EASY. No boiling, and each to their own husking.

2 comments:

DJ Probert said...

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Looks so good. Why are some of these most simple foods so over-looked??? Looks delish!

The Probert Family said...

So good. We had these for dinner this week. Good advice. (that last comment was from candra by the way...not dj. I was accidentally singed in as him)