Saturday, November 22, 2008

Stir Fry -(mom c style)

Chopped FRESH veggies (one or more of the following: broccoli, carrots, red pepper, asparagus, etc).
Brown Rice
Soy Sauce
(optional: ginger, chinese five spice, corn starch)
(also optional: meat of your choice)

O.k. So we recently made stir fry with fresh veggies and it one, made me think of sunday dinners and mom's wok, and two made me feel like I could never go back to frozen stir fry. I have a hard time getting my veggies, and we always have fresh broccoli, but I don't love to eat it...however this is my favorite way to eat it. The other day I had some left over fresh asparagus and chopped it up, sauted it in soy sauce and ate it over rice. It was ridiculously good.
Mat usually makes our sauce, but he'll mix the soy sauce, ginger, chinese five spice, and corn starch in a cup and then add it to the almost cooked veggies. The corn starch thickens it up a little. I'm sure there are some good recipes for sauce online, or just the soy sauce is good if that's what floats your boat.

Mom, did you do anything special?

2 comments:

The Probert Family said...

We had this for dinner tonight, but I marinated some chicken in mom's Teriyaki Chicken recipe and sauted some fresh garlic, too. We used red pepper, broccoli, carrots, and a can of those baby corn things found in the chinese section at the store. It was DEEELICIOUS. Thanks for the reminder.

David and Deena said...

Just added a lot of love...so glad you remember some of the good stuff.